Saturday, February 17, 2007

Sweat

There are a couple of uses for the word sweat that are especially relevant here in PNG. First is the obvious sweat which is presently rolling down my back and forehead. Second is the phenomenon that occurs on your glass when the beverage is cold and the air is hot. I guess our children are not well acquainted with either based on what happened at dinner last night. We went to a house on the base where they served us a delicious meal, including a nice cold drink. Sally looked rather alarmed when she whispered in my ear, "Mommy, when I took a drink of my grape drink, some water from the outside dripped on me. I think my cup is leaking just the water part of the drink." Not a lot of either kind of sweat in Frisco!

Sweating,
Tracie

P.S. Richard went to the airport and his bag was there! We were a little concerned as we pondered buying him clothes here. The natives are a bit smaller than him...would have been rather interesting to find an xl-tall.

5 comments:

carterclan said...

I want to see Richard in standard sized local attire. Heehee. We have 70s weather here today, after a wkd of 30s/40s. Can't wait to see pictures- hope you get it up and running soon. Love you guys.

"Aunt" Karla said...

glad to hear you guys are safely there. we are looking forward to hearing more.

Love,
uncle jim, aunt karla, alex and eric

Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mom said...

Bonnie and Mary, I met a lady that has a dog named Bailey. It hardly seems possible that you girls were walking "Frisco Bailey" in the snow only a few weeks ago. Mary, Natalie Knox turned in her "Flat Stanley project" yesterday. The pictures from Frisco were wonderful! I'll let you know what her grade is on the project. Betty, what sort of things are you doing with your PNG friends? Love, Grandma Ellen

Mom said...

Hi Sally, Are you going to have a birthday party on Saturday? I will be thinking about you and wondering what you are doing. Mittens and Sweetie said to tell you Happy Birthday! I talked to Grandma today and everything is fine in Fort Worth. Is Mommy's computer working yet? I love you, Grandma Ellen